It’s a great app for sending and receiving picture messages from your friends. You can easily send photos to your friends that will be deleted after a set amount of time. The only issue is that you have to use it from your mobile phone or tablet . But wait… don’t worry as we have the perfect solution for you which will enable you to use Snapchat on your computer as well as other devices such as Xbox One , PS4 and Smart TV . In this article, I’ll explain everything there is about how to use Snapchat on PC . So let’s get started:
1. Use 3rd Party Software
There are a lot of 3rd party software that you can use for Snapchat . I have tried all the one’s i could find and finally found Snap Pro . It’s one of the best app which enables you to run any Android apps on your PC or Xbox One. Using this software, you’ll be able to use Snapchat without any problem . More information about Snap Pro is available here: How to Use Android Apps on Windows Tutorial Video
2. Tweak your phone settings
This method will only work if you’re using an Apple device such as iPhone , iPad or iPod touch. Go to Settings > General > Restrictions ( Enable restrictions in case it’s off ) then set up a password/passcode . Once you have done that, scroll down to Allowed Content section and then click on Snapchat then press Don’t Allow next to the section. Doing this will be a temporary fix for using Snapchat on PC however it’s most suitable for people who don’t own a real computer but only a smartphone or tablet .
3. Use Bluestacks App Player
The next best way is by using an Android emulator such as Bluestacks . If you like playing Android games , streaming your favorite TV shows and movies from apps such as Netflix & Hulu on your gaming console or Smart TV , this tool is all you need. With this software, you’ll be able to install and run any app including Snapchat on your PC ( Windows 7/8/8.1/10 ). More details on how to use Bluestacks are available here: How to Install Android Apps on Windows Tutorial Video
4. Use Virtual Machine Software
Another good way is by using virtual machine software . A virtual machine is a program that simulates the entire hardware of your computer inside another operating system – in this case it’ll be an Linux OS ( Ubuntu 16.04 or higher ) but you can download and install any other one if you want, the only requirement is that it must support Intel VT-x extensions which virtually most modern processors do support these days . Here’s what you need to do :
- First download Ubuntu ISO file then create a new virtual machine using that file
- After installation , open up the Ubuntu and create a new account
- Once the installation is finished , open up your web browser and download Snapchat .apk file
- Now you can easily run Snapchat on Ubuntu using this virtual machine
Note: If you do not have a good processor or enough RAM in your PC, it will be unstable while running virtual machines such as Virtualbox , VMware Player & Parallels . It’s more suitable for Xbox One owners who want to use the Twitch app (Available on Windows Store). Also this method works perfectly with Bluestacks software.
5. Use Android Emulator for PC ( Nox App Player )
This is the best way of running Android apps including Snapchat on your computer . This method uses an Android emulator similar to BlueStacks but the major difference is that it can run apps in full-screen mode . This means you’ll be able to use Snapchat on your PC in full screen without any distractions. The latest version of Nox App Player is available here: Download Nox App Player . Just follow the instructions below :
- First , download and install this software Once done.
- Open up Nox App Player 18.104.22.168 then sign-in with your Google Account. Make sure you’re using the same Gmail account which you used for creating a new Snapchat account.
- After that Locate “Snapchat” app from the My Apps section then click on it. You can easily go to My Apps > Discover more apps > type “snapchat”. When it’s finished installing the app , open it up and sign-in with your new Snapchat account Enjoy !
Top 5 Ways to Use Snapchat on PC – Final Words
So that’s all for today guys. If you have any other problems while using Nox App Player do not hesitate to drop a comment below. Also be sure to check out our other posts so you’ll know which emulator works best for your favorite game or app.